• ½ cup Avocado oil or Coconut oil (they can handle high heat)
• 2 cups of Khorasan Wheat (Campbell Farm Enterprises Inc)
• 6 large eggs (scrambled)
• 1 Swiss Chard bunch (leaves and stems separated)
• 1 cup scallion
• 1 Brussel Sprouts (chopped leaves)
• 3 cups chicken broth or bone broth
• 2 Tbsp minced garlic
• 1 T minced ginger
• Salt and pepper to taste
Preparing Your Khorasan Wheat (1 Day Early):
1. Soak Khorasan Wheat overnight with 6 cups of water.
2. In a pot, combine Khorasan Wheat (drained) and chicken broth and bring to a boil using high heat. Stir often to keep the Khorasan Wheat grains from burning).
4. Cover the pan and reduce heat. Simmer 30-45 minutes until the Khorasan Wheat grains are soft and chewy.
Directions for Khorasan Wheat Stir Fry:
1. Wisk all 6 eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Heat the avocado/coconut oil in a wok or large pot.
3. Add scallion/onion (white bulb), swiss chard stems, minced ginger, and garlic. Heat on high until tender, stirring constantly (5-10 minutes, depending on your preference of carrot tenderness)
4. Add cooked Khorasan Wheat and eggs. Toss to coat evenly
5. Add the chopped swiss chard leaves and brussel sprouts leaves and toss for even distribution. Cook until greens turn a bright color.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Just before serving, top the fried “rice” (Khorasan Wheat) with chopped green onion stems.