Once you make this easy naan bread recipe using our Khorasan Wheat, you will never want to buy pre-made naan flatbread again. Just mix the four ingredients and knead them for a few minutes to bring it together, then roll it out and pan fry. It is a yeast free naan flatbread that’s light, fluffy and tasty!
Prep Time5 mins Cook Time10 mins Total Time15 mins
Course: Bread Cuisine: Indian Servings: 6
Ingredients for Easy Naan Flatbread
- 2 cups (250g) Khorasan Wheat by Campbell Farm Enterprises, Inc.
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) plain yogurt (or dairy free vegan yogurt)
- 1 T cumin or coriander (whichever you prefer) or both
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Directions for Easy Naan Flatbread
- While optional, I strongly suggest reading and implementing these Khorasan Wheat soaking and sprouting instructions and then use that flour for this recipe (it’s totally worth it; I promise!). If you decide not to use soaked and sprouted flour, your naan bread will be a bit tough, but will still be tasty.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, using a whisk to make sure ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Once all ingredients are mixed, add yogurt. It is best to use your hands to mix, making sure all the ingredients are mixed together well.
- Knead dough for a minute or so in the bowl until dough comes together in a fairly-sticky ball. If necessary, add a little more flour to make it manageable.
- Divide dough into six equal pieces. Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll each piece into circles on a floured surface; circles should be about 6” diameter.
- Heat a frying pan (without oil) until hot. Cook each flatbread for a few minutes on each side until lightly golden spots appear and it puffs up.
- Best eaten on the same day. If preparing ahead, warm them up in the oven before serving.
- SEE BELOW FOR SWISS CHARD AND ONION PIZZA
Pesto Swiss Chard and Onion Naan Flatbread Pizza
Ingredients for Pesto Swiss Chard and Onion Naan Flatbread Pizza
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard (leaves only julienne cut)
- 1 bunch Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Red Pepper flakes to taste
Directions for pesto swiss chard and onion naan flatbread pizza
- Pre-Heat up oven to 400⁰ F
- In a bowl mix Olive Oil, Pesto, Parmesan Cheese and salt and red pepper flakes
- Scoop the wet mix on top the Naan Bread and use a brush to distribute the pesto sauce evenly
- In a skillet, heat up a tablespoon of olive oil;
- Toss onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes;
- Toss the Swiss Chard with the onion and continue to sauté until swiss chard is wilted;
- Top the vegetable mixture onto of the naan bread and place in the middle rack of the oven;
- Bake in the oven for about 7-10 minutes until you see the edges golden brown or even a little burnt (depending how crispy you like your pizza to be);
- Optional: Sprinkle some more red pepper flakes on top before you serve.