Thank you to Lan Shafer of Utopian Harvest for sharing this fabulous Khorasan Wheat Chicken recipe with us!
Ingredients for Khorasan Wheat Chicken
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- Campbell Farm Grains Korasan Wheat
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 small chopped red bell pepper
- 3-4 chopped green onions
- 3 cups chicken broth
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and paprika to taste
- pine nuts (optional)
Directions for Khorasan Wheat Chicken
- Place 2-4 chicken breasts in a pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and paprika.
- Bake chicken at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in saucepan. Add 1 cup of Khorasan Wheat and turn burner on low, allowing the grain to simmer until all the broth is absorbed and Khorasan kernels are tender.
- In a skillet, toast Khorasan grains in olive oil until light brown.
- Add broccoli and cover until tender.
- Add and mix in 1 small chopped red bell pepper, 3-4 chopped green onion, and 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional).
- Spoon some of the Khorasan Wheat mix onto a plate and top with chicken breast, or cube chicken breast and mix it into your Khorasan Wheat mix Yum!