Khorasan Wheat pizza dough is a staple at our house! My kids are always asking me to make it. I strongly suggest using soaked and sprouted Khorasan Wheat flour or creating a sourdough starter and using it in place of 1/2 of the water in this recipe.
Ingredients for Khorasan Wheat Pizza Dough
- 3 cups Campbell Farm Grains Khorasan Wheat soaked and sprouted flour + 1 T yeast OR regular Campbell Farm Grains Khorasan Wheat flour + sourdough starter (PREFERRED!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 T olive oil
- Approximately 2 tsp liquid lecithin (or olive oil)
- 1 c warm (NOT hot) water OR if using sourdough starter, use 1/2 c warm water and 1/2 c sourdough starter
- If you like sweet dough (I don’t), you can add 1 T sugar or raw honey
Directions for Khorasan Wheat Pizza Dough
- Using a mixer (I love my KitchenAid), mix all ingredients.
- Grease cookie sheet using olive oil OR use a paper towel to spread liquid lecithin over the surface of the cookie sheet. Only a very thin film should remain.
- If using soaked and sprouted Khorasan Wheat flour, proceed to step 4. If using sourdough starter (PREFERRED!), place dough in grocery bag (use a little olive oil to coat the inside so the dough doesn’t stick), twist the top of the grocery bag so as not to let air in, and allow dough to sit for at least 12-16 hours.
- Spread dough as flat as possible into the baking sheet and bake at 425 degree for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with sauce and your favorite toppings, and bake for another 4-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into slices, and enjoy!