This 100% Khorasan Wheat Sourdough Bread is flavorful and light and 100% whole grain (ancient grain!). So delicious and so healthy!
Ingredients for Khorasan Wheat Sourdough Bread
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups warm (NOT hot) water
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 T salt
- 1 lime Or 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 cups sourdough starter
- 10+ cups Campbell Farm Grains Khorasan Wheat flour
Directions for Khorasan Wheat Sourdough Bread
- Set up eggs in time to meet room temperature
- Using a mixer (I love my KitchenAid mixer), mix all ingredients using a kneading hook. Add additional flour as needed. Dough should be a sticky.
- Put some olive oil into a grocery bag and spread evenly.
- Put dough into the grocery bag and twist the bag top from the dough up so there is about 8 inches of tight twist to keep the air out.
- Allow to sit in a warm location for at least 12-16 hours.
- Divide dough evenly into 2 bread pans and cover with a thin cloth. Allow to rise another 5-8 hours (I let mine rise in the oven so I don’t have to move it).
- Remove the cloth cover and cover lightly with tin foil. Set oven at 475 degrees for 25 minutes and then turn off the oven. Allow bread to sit in the oven until the oven has fully cooled.
- Remove from the oven. Slice, toast, make a sandwich, or use for French toast. Enjoy!